Current Academic Appointment
Clinical assistant professor, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University
Clinical and Research Specialty
1. Biological treatment of common mental disorders
2. Psychosomatic medicine
3. Geriatric psychiatry
4. Psychiatric epidemiology
1. Ph.D. in Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University
2. M.D., Taipei Medical University
Member of Academic Organization
1. Permanent member, Taiwan Public Health Association
2. Member, International Association of Suicide Prevention
Current Clinical Duty
1. Psychiatric outpatient and inpatient care
2. Consultation-liaison psychiatry
Honor and Award
1. Honorary member of the Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of the Republic of China
2. Award of Best Attending Physician (By Alumni Association of North American, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University)
3. Teaching Award of Excellence in Medical Education (By National Taiwan University Hospital)
4. Dr. Shi-Jen Tsei Memorial Research Award of Taiwanese Society of Psychiatry
5. Service Award of National Taiwan University Hospital
6. Resident delegate of Administrative Committee of National Taiwan University Hospital
1. Liao SC, Chen WJ, Lee MB et al: Low prevalence of major depressive disorder in Taiwanese adults: possible explanations and implications. Psychol Med 2012, 42(6):1227-1237.
2. Liao SC, Lee MB, Lee YJ, Huang TS: Hyperleptinemia in subjects with persistent partial posttraumatic stress disorder after a major earthquake. Psychosom Med 2004, 66(1):23-28.
3. Liao SC, Lee MB, Lee YJ, Huang TS: The counterbalance between leptin and cortisol may be associated with comorbid depression and anxiety. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2006, 60(1):120-120.
4. Liao SC, Lee MB, Lee YJ et al: Association of psychological distress with psychological factors in rescue workers within two months after a major earthquake. J Formos Med Assoc 2002, 101(3):169-176.
5. Liao SC, Lee MB, Lee YJ et al: Association between quality of informed consent and pre-operation ambivalence. J Med Education 2005, 9(1):80-90.
6. Liao SC, Yip PK: Primary progressive aphasia: a case report and review of the literature. Acta Neurol Taiwan 1999, 8(2):112-117.
7. Kuo CY, Liao SC, Lin KH et al: Predictors for suicidal ideation after occupational injury. Psychiatry Res 2012;198(3):430-5.
8. Chen CA, Liao SC, Wang JK et al: Quality of life in adults with congenital heart disease: biopsychosocial determinants and sex-related differences. Heart 2011, 97(1):38-43.
9. Wu CS, Liao SC, Lin KM et al: Multidimensional assessments of impulsivity in subjects with history of suicidal attempts. Compr Psychiatry 2009, 50(4):315-321.
10. Lin YT, Liao SC: Hashimoto's encephalopathy presenting as schizophrenia-like disorder. Cog Behav Neurol 2009, 23(3):197-201.
11. Hsu YC, Liou JM, Liao SC et al: Psychopathology and personality trait in subgroups of functional dyspepsia based on Rome iII criteria. Am J Gastroenterol 2009, 104(10):2534-2542.
12. Huang WL, Hsieh MH, Liao SC: Acoustic neuroma identified after electroconvulsive therapy in a patient with recurrent major depression and undifferentiated somatoform disorder. J ECT 2010, 26(4):330-331.
13. Lin KH, Guo NW, Liao SC et al: Psychological outcome of injured workers at 3 months after occupational injury requiring hospitalization in Taiwan. J Occup Health 2012;54(4):289-98.