In 1947, Department of Neurology and Psychiatry was established in National Taiwan University Hospital. In the 60s, Professor Zu-Pei Hung finished his training in Queen Square, England. He started a new resident training and educational program of clinical neurology in Taiwan. Our department was divided from Department of Neurology and Psychiatry in 1980s. Collaborations with Graduate Institutes of Physiology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Immunology was established. We also assisted in establishing patient – group association of multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. Our department engages in many academic activities. In recent years, the establishment of stroke center and Parkinson’s disease center enforced our service and research in these subspecialties.